Kenya Mission Trip February 2019

Rene, Ethan, Vanessa and I traveled to Kenya for an extended mission trip. We left home on February 3 and arrived back on March 8, 2019. A lot of work and time was spent taking care of business at Huruma Dolor orphanage. You can read more in this post.

Prior to leaving, Ethan broke both arms which proved to be difficult as we were transporting 12 50-pound bags with us to Kenya. Upon arrival, we had a weekend meeting at Huruma with teaching and preaching on various subjects. The local congregations were in attendance. The following weeks on numerous days we traveled to local congregations in various parts of Kenya sharing the gospel.

It was a special blessing to find one of the orphan girls who grew up at Huruma now as an adult come to a service and rededicate her life to God. On more than one occasion we traveled to new congregations to share the truth. Many places were wanted extended meetings, but due to time constraints we were limited to short visits.

Toward the end of the trip I became very sick and it turned into a spiritual battle. Symptoms were severe and I was in horrible pain. Sis. Angela Gellenbeck of Kentucky has sent with us an anointed handkerchief which we used that night. Some of the saints were called for prayer. The Lord worked a definite miracle. The following morning, while not real well, I was able to travel five hours and was able to preach for the next three days.

While the messages varied from place to place, I preached on a common theme of the Two Covenants, which is foundational to overcoming many false religious doctrines and practices. We traveled to Tanzania and had a meeting near the shores of Lake Victoria.

Last year, I visited a new contact in Kitui County which is about a two-hour drive from Nairobi. We returned for a follow up meeting and shared much truth with ministers from different denominations.  The gospel work in Kenya is vast. Please continue to pray that God would meet the needs of every hungry heart there. The day we were supposed to leave, the airport in Nairobi was shut down because workers were on strike. There was some violence that took place and we did not know if we would be able to come home. We thank God that by the time of our flight that night, the airport had reopened and was operations. We have gratitude for the prayers and financial support of the saints and we are thankful for the protection and health the Lord granted us on this trip.

Photo Gallery

Click Picture to View Album

alt text here

Print Friendly, PDF & Email